Coloured contact lenses
Our range of colours
Coloured contact lenses enhance the natural beauty of your eyes by adding depth and greater definition, along with light effect patterns, which add brightness in a natural way.
So whether you want to dazzle with bright blues, opt for soft warm browns or strike with icy greys, there’s a lens for you to transform your style. We offer both daily and monthly coloured contact lenses to suit your needs.
To purchase lenses, you’ll need a valid copy of a contact lens prescription. Air Optix Colours can be purchased with a valid prescription for easyvision monthly Irisian or Air Optix Aqua lenses. 1-DAY ACUVUE® DEFINE® lenses can be purchased with a valid 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST® prescription. If you want to try a different lens type, speak to your local store for advice.
Fancy dress and Halloween contact lenses
When it comes to things like fancy dress or Halloween, we know that you’re just after some quick, cheap coloured lenses to add the finishing touch to your costume. These lenses are becoming more and more popular, and readily available to buy online. While we’d never want to rain on your parade, there are a few things you should be cautious of when buying coloured contacts online.
Any contact lens, no matter where they’re from, that haven’t been properly fitted can cause serious damage, including:
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye)
- Decreased, or blurry vision
- Scratches on the cornea
- Eye ulcers
- Eye pain
- Blindness, in extreme cases
If you have any further questions, or you’re worried at any point, just come into store and see us. We’ll be happy to give you advice.
Tips for safe wearing
We would strongly advise against wearing cheap coloured contact lenses from the internet and without a proper prescription, especially if you have never worn contacts before. But if you have, here are some things you can do to ensure your eyes stay safe and healthy.
Even if you only wear them once, it’s important that you still follow the same cleaning routines that you would with normal contacts to reduce the chance of infection or damage.
- Take them out immediately if they feel uncomfortable at any point
- Make sure you understand how to clean and handle the lenses, as well as other recommended instructions
- Look out for ‘CE’ marking on packaging. This indicates the lenses conform to healthy, safety and environmental protection standards
- Come in and see us if you’re worried at any time
- Share your lenses with other people, as this can cause infections
- Wear them for extended periods of time
- Wear them over your normal contact lenses
- Wear a torn or damaged lens